A magnificent border fortress dating back to the 11th Century, extensively restored by Robert Adam in the mid 19th century with its riverside setting landscaped by Capability Brown. It is the ancestral home of the Dukes of Northumberland, the Percy family, the largest landowners in the County, who have lived here since 1309. The Percy’s organised many of the defences against Scots raiding parties in the days of the Border Reivers. More recently the Castle has appeared as the famous school, Hogwarts, in the Harry Potter films.
Telephone: 01665 510777