If you are using a satellite navigation system (Sat Nav) to reach us we advise you to enter the grid reference NY 84970 71082, the latitude / longitude co-ordinates 55.034286 / -2.236827 or X (Easting) / Y (Northing) co-ordinates 00384961 / 00571110. Sat Nav users can enter the post code NE46 4DB, but please follow the directions below once you reach Housesteads Roman Fort (travelling east) or Chollerford – Chesters Bridge (travelling west) as our postcode is not unique to us!
You can search for a route using street or postcode, town or city. Get driving directions and a detailed map of your journey from your start point to Carraw Farm (NE46 4DB).
Local Road Directions:
From the M6 / Carlisle (approximately 31 miles)
- At junction 43 (M6 Motorway) follow the A69 (signposted Hexham, Newcastle).
- After approximately 16 miles turn left onto the B630 (signposted Greenhead).
- Turn right onto the “Military Road” – B6318.
- Continue on the B6318 for approximately 13 miles.
- Carraw Farm is located on the right hand side (approximately 4 miles after Housesteads Roman Fort).
From the A1 / Newcastle / Gateshead (approximately 26 miles)
- At junction of A1 / A69 follow the A69 (signposted Hexham).
- At Styford Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A69 (signposted Jedburgh, Carlisle) along Corbidge Bypass.
- Stay on the A69 at Hexham.
- After the Hexham exit from the A69 (Bridge End), turn right (across the eastbound carriageway) onto the A6079 (signposted Otterburn, Bellingham, Rothbury, Chollerford and Acomb).
- Continue on A6079 for approximately 3 miles.
- At crossroads with B6318 turn left (signposted Chollerford).
- Cross the River Tyne at Chollerford (Chesters Bridge).
- At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the “Military Road” – B6318 (signposted Carlisle).
- Carraw Farm is located on the left hand side after approximately 4½ miles, just past The Temple of Mithras (Brocolitia), on your left.
A printable version of our directions is available here.
There is an excellent tourist bus service (the AD122) in high season and at weekends in the low season, running along Hadrian’s Wall between Hexham and Haltwhistle, stopping at visitor attractions along the way. The bus will stop right outside the Farm entrance, on demand.
Other services run to and from Chollerford (5 miles east of us). Further details can be obtained from Traveline North East and Cumbria on 0871 200 2233.
Consider using the following local operators and pre booking is advisable:
- A2B Taxis – 07796 397006
- Advanced Taxis – 01434 606565
- Ecocabs – 01434 600600
- Haydon Taxis – 01434 671197
- Langley Taxis – 01434 684658
- MM Taxis – 07986 966822
- Streamline Taxis – 01434 605068
We are located approximately 3.5 miles from Hadrian’s Cycleway at mile 129.5, if travelling from the west or 3 miles from Hadrian’s Cycleway at mile 134.7 (via link to Chesters Roman Fort), if travelling from the east.
Grid Reference: NY 84970 71082. What3Words Reference: podcast.tape.greed.
We are situated on the line of Hadrian’s Wall Path National Trail. Please follow the signs from the trail, through the farm yard to reach your accommodation.
If you need any further assistance when travelling to Carraw Farm, please don’t hesitate to contact us we are only too happy to help.
Telephone: 01434 689857